Gum Disease Dentistry for Carpentersville, IL
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, will eventually lead to tooth loss and other problems. Unless you get regular dental checkups, it will likely remain undetected. Gum disease has also been linked to other diseases, such as vascular disorder and diabetes. If you suspect that you have periodontal disease, don’t hesitate. Waiting will only make the situation worse. The professionals from William J. Holevas D.D.S., L.T.D are experts in identifying and treating gum disease or gingivitis promptly.
Gum Disease Symptoms & Treatment
The Illinois Department of Public Health revealed that one in three people have lost their teeth due to dental decay or gum disease. These aren’t statistics that should be taken lightly. Gum disease can range from minor gingivitis to the more serious chronic disease. Chronic gum disease can lead to bone damage.
Be on the lookout for the following symptoms of gum disease:
- Continual bad breath.
- Red, swollen or painful gums.
- Your gums bleed when you brush, floss or eat tough food.
- Teeth are loosening or separating.
- There are sores in your mouth.
- Your teeth look longer due to gums pulling away from the teeth.
- If you do not receive treatment for gum disease, the bone, gums and connective tissue that support the teeth will be destroyed. Eventually, this will lead to tooth loss.
If you experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms, seek treatment immediately. Dr. Holevas performs effective gum disease treatment for all patients in Carpentersville, IL. Getting treatment sooner rather than later will save your teeth. Our staff will be able to alleviate any symptoms you may be experiencing.
Contact William J. Holevas D.D.S., L.T.D Today
Gum disease can have negative and lasting effects on your oral health. Let the office of William J. Holevas D.D.S., L.T.D. help. Contact us today at 847-742-4214 to book an appointment.