Dental Implant Services From Dr. William J. Holevas
Gum disease, tooth decay, trauma, radiation therapy, and even genetics are some of the most common reasons for tooth loss. Regardless of the cause, tooth loss in adulthood can be a massive blow to our self-esteem. Tooth loss also diminishes the efficiency of the jaw bone and can lead to issues with oral and overall bodily health. It’s more than a cosmetic concern alone – tooth implant services from a qualified dentist can lead to dramatic life-changing results. You can achieve these results by scheduling an appointment for dental implants at the office of Dr. William J. Holevas, D.D.S.
Dental implants can be used to replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. They can also be used to support dentures or bridge work. Implants are a popular option because they look and function like natural teeth and can help to preserve the integrity of the jawbone. William Holevas and his staff provide various dental implant services to suit your specific needs and medical conditions. Get the care you need in a stress-free environment to become the best possible version of yourself. Gain a beautiful smile and better health by scheduling an appointment today at (847) 742-4214.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that provide a permanent base for fixed or removable replacement teeth. They are typically made of titanium and are surgically placed into the jawbone. The implant fuses with the bone over time, providing a solid foundation for the replacement tooth or teeth. Tooth implant services are performed to replace a single missing tooth, several missing teeth, or all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw.
Types Of Dental Implants
There are several types of dental implants, including:
- Endosteal implants are the most common type of tooth implant services performed and placed directly into the jawbone. They are typically made of titanium and are shaped like screws, cylinders, or blades.
- Subperiosteal implants are placed on top of the jawbone but under the gum tissue. They are typically used for patients with a shallow jawbone and are not good candidates for endosteal implants.
- Transosteal implants are the oldest type of implant and are placed through the jawbone. They are typically not used anymore because they have a higher failure rate and require a larger incision in the jaw.
- Mini implants are smaller versions of endosteal implants, typically used for patients with a limited amount of bone or a small jaw.
- All-on-4 are a specific type of implant that uses only four implant posts to support an entire arch of the upper or lower teeth. This is a great solution for patients with little or no teeth who cannot wear dentures.
- Zygomatic implants are longer and wider than traditional implants and are used for patients with severe bone loss in the upper jaw.
- Immediate-load implants are placed in a way that allows the implant to be loaded immediately after surgery.
It takes varying amounts of time between individuals for an implant to fully heal once placed in the jawbone. Afterward, a suitable dental prosthesis is attached. A dental prosthesis is an artificial replacement for missing teeth or jaw structures. There are several types of dental prostheses, including:
- Dentures: are removable prostheses that are used to replace multiple missing teeth. They are made of acrylic and can be supported by natural teeth or dental implants.
- Bridges: are fixed prostheses used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are typically anchored to the natural teeth on either side of the gap and are made of porcelain or metal.
- Crowns: are also fixed prostheses used to cover and protect a damaged or decayed tooth. They are typically made of porcelain or metal and are anchored to the natural tooth.
Dr. William J. Holevas and staff will thoroughly examine your medical history to determine the correct dental implant services. We’ve served patients from all walks of life over the years and have the equipment and expertise to deliver you the best results. Don’t look anywhere else for dental implants near me – schedule an appointment with us and enjoy a relaxing environment and safe, proven techniques that will make a dramatic difference in your smile and quality of life.
Do Dental Implant Services Have Health Benefits?
Tooth implant services will dramatically approve your appearance, but the procedure shouldn’t be seen as purely cosmetic. There are also important health reasons to seek dental implants near me if you have lost one or more teeth or have difficulty wearing ill-fitting dentures.
Request An Appointment
Dental implant services can be done for most patients. Some health conditions and lifestyle habits may make dental implants unsuitable. You’ll be able to discuss your medical history with Dr. William Holevas. We provide expert care in a safe, stress-free environment to every client that comes into our office. Make a decision that will significantly improve your health and quality of life by requesting an appointment with us at (847) 742-4214.